Apr 16, 2012
Carestream supports mammography education, training and development
ROCHESTER, NY, 12 April 2012 – Carestream is supporting a series of world-class mammography education, training and professional development opportunities, including CE and CME courses, to keep radiologists and technologists updated on the latest breast detection trends.
“We are dedicated to offering affordable, reliable mammography solutions for healthcare professionals across the globe in an effort to help women live longer, healthier lives through accurate and efficient breast cancer detection,” said Karen Willand, Women’s Healthcare Marketing Manager, Carestream Health. “Our continuing education program is another way to help ensure that mammography professionals have the knowledge they need to provide the highest-quality mammography services to patients.”
In 2012, Carestream is supporting the following accredited continuing education programs: •
• Mammography Education, Inc. (MEI): Continuing Medical Education courses on the diagnosis and treatment of breast diseases presented by Professor László Tabár, M.D., and other internationally renowned experts. Locations include Italy, Spain, Latin America and North America;
• iiCME Mammography Education Events: Courses to design, develop and deliver evidence-based scientific information to physicians and other healthcare professionals to promote lifelong learning. US locations include New Mexico and New York;
• Fit for Screening European Workshops: Mammography training workshops for radiologists and gynecologists, presented by Professor Roland Holland in Austria, Germany and Poland;
• Webinar Series: Focused on breast cancer detection and analysis, hosted byProfessor László Tabár, M.D.; and
• Online e-Learning: Online courses that may includetopics such as digital mammography workflow and workstation benefits, detector technology and patient positioning challenges in mammography.
According to the National Cancer Institute, more than 200,000 cases of breast cancer are diagnosed each year. Early detection is key in combating the disease, and Carestream supports continuing education programs designed to keep radiologists, technologists and other medical professionals updated on the latest breast imaging trends.
For complete registration information, including dates and locations, please visit http://www.carestream.com/mammoCE.html. Additional information on the company’s broad portfolio of medical imaging and healthcare IT solutions can be found at www.carestream.com.
About Carestream Health
Carestream Health is a worldwide provider of dental and medical imaging systems and healthcare IT solutions; molecular imaging systems for life science research and drug discovery/development; X-ray film and digital X-ray systems for non-destructive testing; and advanced materials for the precision films and electronics markets.
For more information about the company’s broad portfolio of products, solutions and services, please contact your Carestream Health representative or visit www.carestream.com.