IC Profiler eases beam alignment Dec 20, 2007
Imaging Equipment Ltd
The Barn, Manor Farm, Church Lane
IC Profiler - Linac Servicing for the 21st Century. A LINAC radiation-beam scanning system providing real-time beam profile data for beam alignment during LINAC factory testing
IC PROFILER TM - a LINAC radiation beam scanning system providing real time beam profile data for beam alignment during LINAC factory testing, for field installation and service, and for routine trending of LINAC beam characteristics in clinical sites.
IC PROFILER HARDWARE:
IC PROFILER uses 249 ionization chambers placed in four linear arrays (X,Y, and two Diagonals) on a 5 mm grid, resulting in 5mm detector spacing on the X and Y axes, and 7.07 mm detector spacing on the diagonals. Measurement range is specified at 32 cm on both X and Y axes and 45 cm on the diagonals.
The Profiler is constructed with a circuit board mounted between two polycarbonate plates. The top plate beam entrance window has 0.72 g/cm2 buildup in applications that require low buildup, additional buildup may be added as required by beam parameters. The bottom plate has 2.0g/cm2 backscatter. The plates have a conductive surface adjacent to the circuit board which shields against the rf field emission and susceptibility.
A precision template is attached to the top plate and provides the location of the ion chamber collectors as well as field size marks for proper alignment. The field size templates (10x10, 20x20, 25x25, 30x30cm) provide means for light field alignment.
Fast Set Up:
A 25 meter cable connects the IC PROFILER to a small power supp.y located outside the LINAC bunker. The power supply connects via USB or 9-pin serial cable to a computer which is used to operate the IC PROFILER.
The IC PROFILER software operates on most conventional PC’s. Both rate and integrated profiles are measured and displayed. The rate profile is a real time update of the beam intensity; update frequency is adjustable from 10 times per second
More products from this company
- MapPHan enables rotational dosimetry Dec 10, 2008
- Specimen radiography system for biopsy inspection Jul 10, 2008
- Developments in IMRT software Mar 31, 2008
- Respisens tracks patient breathing Mar 20, 2008
- Lemer Pax Posijet automates FDG infusion Mar 17, 2008
- Mapcheck 2, the 'gold standard' for IMRT Mar 10, 2008
- RadCalc reinforces verification Mar 3, 2008
- Atlas provides a total system Jan 18, 2008
- Atom - dosimetry verification phantoms Jan 18, 2008
- Epidose converts EPID file to dose map Jan 16, 2008