Novel piezo micro-manipulator for biotech / medical applications Jan 23, 2009
PI will introduce the novel N-380 / N-381 NEXACT® ceramic linear motor actuators at this year’s Biomedical Optics / Photonics West conference in San Jose, CA.
The new nonmagnetic actuator is based on the Piezo Walk principle and replaces classical lead screw actuators combining high forces and long travel ranges with high resolution in a small package.
Features and Advantages
* 1 kg Push/Pull Force, 30 mm Travel, 10 mm/sec Speed
* Self-Locking, Stiff Design; convenient ½” front mount or clamp mount.
* Stepping Mode + Sweep Mode, Millisecond Response & High
Proven, Award Winning Technology
N-380 series piezo walk actuators are closely related to PI’s award winning, NEXLINE® linear actuator family, the NEXACT® actuators’ big brothers.
- Biomolecules: structure and physical properties
- X-ray radiography
- Electron, neutron and X-ray diffraction and scattering
- Aerospace bio and medical physics
- Optical trapping
- Patch clamping
- Tissue and cellular engineering and biotechnology
- Biomedical engineering; instrumentation
- Biomedical applications of nanotechnology
More products from this company
- Air Bearing Precision Rotation Stages for Beamline Instrumentation Mar 15, 2013
- Nano-Indentation / Materials Testing w/ Scanning Probe Microscopy / Piezo Stages Jul 18, 2011
- Nanopositioning Systems: Piezo Stages, Motors, Controllers: New Catalog Jun 7, 2011
- Planar AFM Scanners: New Catalog Piezo Stages for Atomic Force Microscopes, SPM Mar 11, 2011
- Piezo Ceramic Linear Actuator is Based on Ultrasonic Motor Technology Jan 14, 2011
- New Piezo Ceramic Actuators: Lower Voltage for Medical Applications Jan 7, 2011
- Piezo Mechanics Catalog: Piezo Motors, Piezo Systems, Piezo Actuators Nov 5, 2010
- Piezo at Medical Design & Manufacturing MD&M MIdwest in Minneapolis Oct 11, 2010
- PI News: Ceramic Replacement Actuators are Sterile, Fast & Non-Magnetic Sep 3, 2010
- New Brochure: Medical Design Solutions with Piezo Motors and Hexapod Robots Apr 29, 2010