Elliot Scientific offers UV-VIS-NIR Microspectroscopy in UK & Ireland Feb 19, 2009
Elliot Scientific Ltd.
3 Allied Business Centre
The CRAIC Technologies QDI 2010 UV-VIS-NIR Microspectrometer, from Elliot Scientific, incorporates the latest technological advances in optics, spectroscopy and software.
The expanded measurement range of the QDI 2010 allows for deep UV, visible and NIR transmission, absorbance, reflectance, emission and fluorescence spectra to be captured seamlessly while still observing via eyepieces or a high-res digital imager.
Typical applications for the instrument are found in electronics production, forensic science, photonics and organic chemistry. Now, however, the QDI 2010 is being brought to bear on the study of DNA.
Spotting DNA crystals among others using normal microscopy is difficult and measuring their viability impossible, but UV microscopy can be used to identify a crystal and then qualify it by using its microspectra to measure concentration. This procedure saves valuable time by only selecting viable crystals for the next step of a growth procedure.
More products from this company
- IPG Photonics revise Fibre Laser and Amplifier ranges Jan 30, 2013
- Ultra-high resolution Raman microspectroscopy from CRAIC Jan 30, 2013
- Nanopositioning Focusing Elements from Mad City Labs Jan 30, 2013
- Ultra-low Cryogenic Temperature Control from Lake Shore Model 350 Jul 2, 2012
- Raman Spectroscopy performance peaks using the CRAIC Apollo™ system Jun 18, 2012
- Cyto-Lite™: Multi-Wavelength Laser Engine for the Life Sciences Mar 19, 2012
- Elliot Scientific Launches New 2012 Optical Tweezer Brochure Mar 6, 2012
- Elliot Scientific Introduces Kinetic Microspectroscopy from CRAIC Technologies Jan 19, 2012
- New Products & Capabilities Brochure for 2012 Nov 16, 2011
- New FEMTOOPTICS Catalogue plus 10% off stock optics ordered in November 2011 Oct 31, 2011