Planar AFM Scanners: New Catalog Piezo Stages for Atomic Force Microscopes, SPM Mar 11, 2011
Piezo stage specialist PI has released a new catalog on planar piezo nanopositioners and scanners for Atomic Force Microscopy and Scanning Probe Microscopes.
The new catalog covers a variety of novel closed-loop planar piezo scanners & digital controllers with advanced features for higher scanning frequency, improved linearity & responsiveness.
Compared to conventional piezo tube scanners, the low-bow, flexure-guided, closed-loop piezo stages provide significantly lower out-of-plane motion (flatness) and better linearity. A special stage designed with a new lead-free piezo material allows resolution down to 20 picometers and less than 1 nanometer hysteresis.
Flexure stages to 1.8 mm travel are available.
Self-locking ultrasonic-motor stages to 200mm travel are recommended as a stable base for the high-speed piezo scanners.
- Biomolecules: structure and physical properties
- Computer simulation
- Electron, neutron and X-ray diffraction and scattering
- Scattering of visible, uv, and infrared radiation
- Scanning tunneling and atomic force microscopy
- Electron microscopy
- Infrared and Raman spectroscopy
- Electron and photoelectron spectroscopy
- Optical absorption, magnetic circular dichroism, and fluorescence spectroscopy
- Mossbauer spectroscopy
- Light microscopy: bright-field, dark-field, phase contrast, DIC
- Confocal microscopy
- Multiphoton microscopy
- Near-field scanning optical microscopy
- Aerospace bio and medical physics
- Optical trapping
- Patch clamping
- Morphometry and stereology
- Dynamical, regulatory, and integrative biology
- Neural engineering
- Biomedical engineering; instrumentation
- General equipment (e.g. Sensors)
- Biomedical applications of nanotechnology
More products from this company
- Air Bearing Precision Rotation Stages for Beamline Instrumentation Mar 15, 2013
- Nano-Indentation / Materials Testing w/ Scanning Probe Microscopy / Piezo Stages Jul 18, 2011
- Nanopositioning Systems: Piezo Stages, Motors, Controllers: New Catalog Jun 7, 2011
- Piezo Ceramic Linear Actuator is Based on Ultrasonic Motor Technology Jan 14, 2011
- New Piezo Ceramic Actuators: Lower Voltage for Medical Applications Jan 7, 2011
- Piezo Mechanics Catalog: Piezo Motors, Piezo Systems, Piezo Actuators Nov 5, 2010
- Piezo at Medical Design & Manufacturing MD&M MIdwest in Minneapolis Oct 11, 2010
- PI News: Ceramic Replacement Actuators are Sterile, Fast & Non-Magnetic Sep 3, 2010
- New Brochure: Medical Design Solutions with Piezo Motors and Hexapod Robots Apr 29, 2010